Junior Member Resources
The annual international four-day PNS meeting is the largest peripheral nerve meeting in the world, and its location usually alternates between North America, Europe and Asia. Presentations and seminars from this and additional industry sponsored symposia can be accessed on demand at your leisure. SIG-sponsored webinars are also available through the On-Demand Education Center. Additionally, the PNS helps organize training workshops and promotes related meetings that are beneficial to its membership.
- PNS Annual Meeting
- PNS On-Demand Education Center: View PNS Annual Meeting content, PNS-sponsored webinars, Industry-sponsored symposia and more!
- PNS Education Courses
- PNS Endorsed Meetings
International Grant Opportunities
Grants are critical for funding our research but grant writing also leads to a thorough discussion and refinement of our research topics allowing for the development of stronger and more innovative projects. Please use this list as a starting point when searching for peripheral nerve grant opportunities. Please reach out with additional international funding mechanisms for junior members and find more general peripheral nerve grant opportunities by visiting our Grant Opportunities page.
Grant Opportunities for Trainees
- American Neuromuscular Foundation Development Grants
- American Academy of Neurology Grants
- GBS|CIDP Foundation International Benson Clinical Research Fellow
- Inherited Neuropathy Training Fellowship
- International Association for the Study of Pain Early Career Research Grants
- Muscular Dystrophy Association Development Grants: Preference for US applicants.
Networking & Mentorship
One of the most valuable resources that the PNS provides its junior members is access to an international network of leading peripheral nerve scientists and clinicians. Utilize the PNS member directory and the Communities Forum to connect with colleagues, establish collaborations and troubleshoot experiments. Additionally, there are several opportunities for networking at the annual meeting including the career development lunch, coffee breaks, social poster viewing and evening receptions open to all attendees.
Networking & Mentorship Resources
- PNS Membership Directory
- PNS Communities Forum
- PNS Annual Meeting
- Career Development Lunch: Registration link posted ahead of the annual meeting.
Career Development & Advancement
The PNS curates a job board exclusively available to members to support junior member career advancement. There are also several helpful career development resources available online. Please access these resources below and reach out with additional resources that would be beneficial to PNS junior members.
Career Development & Advancement Resources
Job Search Resources
- PNS Career Center: For job and resume postings.
- Academic Job Search – Berkley University