News & Eventsof the Peripheral Nerve Society
PNS 2024 Annual Meeting: Call for Mini-Symposia
The Peripheral Nerve Society (PNS) invites you to submit proposals for Mini Symposia for the 2024 PNS Annual Meeting, which will take place at the Palais des congrès de Montréal in Montréal, Canada, from 22-25 June 2024.
As a continuing feature in the scientific program, we plan to incorporate these Mini Symposia for all peripheral nerve biology and disease aspects. The PNS Annual Meeting has become the world’s largest and most comprehensive scientific gathering on peripheral nerve biology and medicine.
These symposia provide the opportunity for PNS junior and senior members to highlight areas of interest and discussion for the meeting.
The pertinent details for which we invite you to submit a proposal are listed below.
- Each Mini Symposia should include three speakers with a total duration of 90 minutes.
- We encourage the participation of established and more junior investigators with geographic and gender balance. We ask that you ensure the availability of all speakers and chairs before submitting your proposal.
- The submission of proposals is a competitive process, and acceptance by the organizers cannot be guaranteed.
- At this stage, regrettably, funding support is less certain. As such, if your proposal should be accepted, the proposed speakers, organizers and chairs should be able to attend the PNS at their own expense.
Possible topics for the Mini Symposia could include:
- Node of Ranvier/AIS from cell biology and genetics to CIDP and GBS
- Metabolic function and dysfunction from cell biology and genetics to diabetic neuropathy and cancer
- Axon degeneration and regeneration
- Schwann cells and satellite cells from neuronal support to neuropathic pain
- Emergent druggable therapeutic targets for peripheral neuropathies
- New technologies applied to the study of peripheral nerve biology and pathology
- Mechanisms of neuropathic pain
- Clinical trial design for peripheral neuropathies
- Novel methods to assess peripheral neuropathy
Mini Symposia proposals focusing on other topics beyond the suggested ones that meet the general criteria are also welcome.
We encourage submitting proposals on all thematic areas relevant to PNS, emphasizing an integrated approach to the topic, including basic science, clinical, genetic, immunological, and therapy aspects, which would be of general interest to the different Special Interest Groups.
Please click here to view the web form for submitting proposals.
The deadline for submission is Monday, 31 July 2023.