Nerve ConnectVol. 9, November 2023
President’s Message, Vol. 10, February 2024
We are pleased to announce the strong response to abstract submissions for the 2024 PNS Annual Meeting in Montreal, Canada. 436 abstracts were submitted, marking a significant turnout for a North American PNS meeting.
This year, we are delighted to have six companies committed as Annual Partners, with special thanks to Annexon Biosciences, argenx, AstraZeneca, CSL Behring, Sanofi, and Takeda for their support of the PNS. Their annual contribution makes our meeting possible and provides the PNS with the unique opportunity to extend gratis registration to junior member abstract presenters and travel grants to those joining from under-resourced countries.
Building on your feedback from Copenhagen, we have crafted an engaging program for this year’s meeting. Highlights include:
- Redesigned Saturday Education Day (formerly referred to as the Education Course) with featured lectures, poster previews, clinical case, and technical presentations (specifically designed with junior investigators and delegates from under-resourced nations in mind)
- Extended 2-hour open CMTR membership meeting on Saturday
- Thematic mini symposia on Sunday and Monday
- Daily Lunch with the Experts roundtable discussions for Junior Investigators
- A joint SIG session on Sunday featuring talks from the IDNC, NPC, and TNC
- An International Outreach Coffee Chat on Monday
- Concurrent lunchtime industry-sponsored symposia hosted by our Annual Partners
- Posters to be displayed throughout the Meeting (Sunday–Tuesday) with different standby times, allowing poster presenters the opportunity to visit other posters.
- Basic Science Highlights and Clinical Highlights sessions to run unopposed, allowing attendees to attend both sessions on Tuesday.
In addition, we are excited about our two off-site reception events in 2024 at the Montreal Science Centre and the St-James Theatre, offering valuable networking opportunities for all delegates. Please note, in compliance with industry regulations, off-site events require an additional ticket purchase and are not included with meeting registration.
Registration for the meeting is now open, and we cordially invite you to join us in Montréal. For more information, please click here.
Our heartfelt thanks go to the Montreal Local Organizing Committee, Scientific Program Committee, Junior Committee, SIGs, and the dedicated Executive Office team, all of whom are committed to making this one of the best PNS meetings yet. For those who have attended in the past, you understand the high standard we aim for. We anticipate an exciting meeting filled with cutting-edge science.
We look forward to welcoming many of you to Montréal in June!
Charlotte Sumner, MD
President, Peripheral Nerve Society